Now that we are into July, summer is really heating up (literally). With temperatures climbing so high, how can one manage to stay cool at school and at work? Here are some simple ways to help a busy student like you avoid melting this summer.
- Take advantage of water sources during your down time! Whether this be the cooling water of the beach, a public or backyard pool, or even a garden hose and sprinkler, water is a great way to regulate your body temperature! Beaches and public pools are often budget friendly places to go. Try and find one in your area!
- In relation to water, an important way to ensure your safety and comfort in such hot weather is to always stay hydrated! Dehydration is a real and dangerous risk during the summer. Always keep a water bottle on you! Pop and juice might taste great in the heat, but water is always the best at ensuring you are healthy and hydrated (and cheaper too!).
- Try and stay out of the sun! Find shaded areas to sit down and relax. Maybe bring a picnic to share or a good book to read! While it may be hot, fresh air is always good for a break.
- Try using other elements to help you out. Get a breeze going by driving with the windows down, taking a bike ride, or even going to an amusement park and riding some roller coasters! Moving air will help with the stale, sticky feeling of the heat.
- Finally, if all else fails, stay inside with the fan or air conditioning on. Play board games, spend some time with friends, or take a study break! Minute School is there with you no matter where you go.
Have any other suggestions about staying cool in this sweltering heat? Let us know in the comments!